Sunday, July 15, 2012

Oatmeal Bake

"I don't like to cook." One of the stories I've always told myself.  I am slowly letting go of this story after being inspired by Pinterest. Through Pinterest, I have found some great blogs about eliminating processed foods (such as 100 day of real food). Jarod and I have been working towards the goal of eliminating as much processed foods as possible. We've been trying to make as much from scratch as we can. This means a lot of time in the kitchen, but we are liking the results enough to make the time investment. We'll see how it goes when school starts up for both of us in a month or so.....

In the meantime, this is an oatmeal bake I saw on Pinterest. I've made it twice now. The original link/recipe is here. Funny thing is, I haven't followed this recipe exactly either time. I didn't use the orange zest or Chinese five spice either time. Those aren't ingredients I had on hand either time, so I skipped them. Also, I've substituted the fruits both times. The first time I used fresh peaches from Jarod's parents' garden (super yummy). The pictures below are from this morning's batch with banana and chocolate chips. This recipe will be in our breakfast rotation from now on. I like being able to make my own combinations, and it is fairly quick. It went faster on my 2nd attempt, so I'm sure it will keep getting faster. 

I've been leaving the recipes I find on Pinterest and using my laptop to cook. I find this eliminates a lot of paper. I'll wait until I've made something several times before I print it and put it in my recipe binder. This one is a keeper for sure!

See...
Hope you enjoy! Please comment if you find a yummy combo!

No comments:

Post a Comment