Monday, July 23, 2012

Menu Planning

Menu Planning is new to our home routine. I never really considered worrying about menu planning until I started seeing a lot of pins about it on Pinterest. I've tried it for several weeks now and here are some things I've learned....

1) Be patient. I think it takes some time to really get it figured out. Any blog you read or tool you get from the internet is really just going to be a starting place. Any menu plan will have to be adjusted for your eating habits and family size. And honestly, the amount of information out there can be a bit overwhelming. Just pick a spot and jump in and try it!

2) Be consistent. This is a downfall for me. I haven't picked a day in which I really make myself to this. Some of this goes back to tip #1. I planned a bunch of meals and it turned out we had way more meals and leftovers than I had thought we would have. One week of menu planning turned in to two and a half weeks of food!

3) Be creative. I adapted my own menu planner in excel. The inspiration can be found here. Her's is obvious way more cute! It costs a few bucks but I think it is totally worth it.

This image is just a picture of my excel document. If anyone ever actually reads my blog and wants the actual document, I will figure out how to send it. But it was actually fairly simple to figure out. Again see tip #3, be creative.

The good news is we are saving money! And I feel better because we are more conscientious about eating all leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment